Coming in 2013
Inspiring community and celebration have been at the core of the Winnipeg Folk Festival since the first festival 1974. When embarking on our site redevelopment planning, it was very important to us to enhance those elements of kinship and fun.
Many improvements we are making are based on audience feedback, such as requests for more shade, music and space – and we have addressed them all in a thoughtful, whimsical way that we are sure you’ll love!
Here are the enhancements you’ll discover at the 2013 Winnipeg Folk Festival:
- A Festival Village that will serve as a festival gathering place and hub for key services
- Permanent food kiosks for 20 vendors
- A village tower that will soar high in the air and act as a meeting point
- Two new forest stages
- Additional pathways that will link the Main Gate, Festival Village and new stages
- Trees planted for shade, using a palette limited to the species native to Birds Hill Provincial Park to uphold the biological integrity of our festival home
- Additional shade structures – our new trees won’t be big enough to add that extra shade you’ve wanted so we’ll have temporary ones
If you have any questions or comments about the site redevelopment project we would love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive updates and news on the Winnipeg Folk Festival and this project sign up for our enewsletter.