Coming in 2014
In 2014, you will experience some wonderful enhancements before you even enter the festival site! All improvements were carefully planned with sustainability in mind, which is why you’ll see upgrades to our bus service and bicycle infrastructure.
Finding creative ways for permanent structures to exist harmoniously with nature has been valued highly in our planning and we think you’ll be delightfully surprised to see what we have to welcome you at Main Gate!
Here are the enhancements to look forward to at the 2014 Winnipeg Folk Festival:
- A bus loop that takes you within steps of the Main Gate
- A bus shelter that provides shade during the day and light at night
- A new bicycle path from the Festival Campground to Main Gate
- Increased bicycle parking
- More tree planting, using only native species to Birds Hill Provincial Park
- Improved drainage at Main Stage field to help dry things up more quickly after heavy rains
- More water taps all around the site!
If you are camping in the Festival Campground, here are the new things you’ll see there:
- A new bike path connecting the Festival Campground to the Main Gate
- A new pedestrian path to Main Gate
- Communal shelters – dry, shady places for festival friends to gather
- More trees for increased shade
- Additional lighting on pathways
- Many more water taps
If you have any questions or comments about the site redevelopment project we would love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive updates and news on the Winnipeg Folk Festival and this project sign up for our enewsletter.